The city will award a grant of up to $1,000.00 towards the improvement costs to the exterior of commercial properties city wide.
Although the cost of improvements will likely exceed the amount in the Grant, the program is meant to act as a catalyst to mitigate code deficiencies and improve the exterior conditions of business properties throughout the city. The program is designed in a way to encourage participation and be expeditious.
The objectives of the Grant are:
- To encourage private investment in the improvement of commercial parcels.
- To encourage the appearance of the streetscape along the major corridors.
- To reduce vacancies in storefronts.
- To provide an incentive to improve commercial properties.
Eligible projects include:
- Permanent signage
- Exterior painting
- Components of Green Building Program
- Directional Signage
Eligibility for Business Enhancement Grant Program:
- Applications must be submitted no later than August 1.
- Eligible projects must be completed by September 30 and copies of all required documentation provided no later than October 15.
- All projects must conform to all applicable Federal, State, County and City Code of Ordinances and Unified Land Development Regulations.
- Certain projects will require a building permit to be obtained prior to commencement of work.
- Applicants for the Grant must have no outstanding fees, taxes, fines or liens to the City of Wilton Manors.
- Grant application must be submitted by a property owner or tenant with approval of the property owner.
- Each applicant may be awarded only one (1) Grant per fiscal year.
- New Commercial construction will not be eligible for the Grant program.
- At completion of the project, 50% of the approved expenses, up to $1,000.00, will be reimbursed by the City.
Award of Grant:Applications for the Business Enhancement Grant Program will be reviewed based on the date of submittal of a completed application packet. The Community Development Services Department will authorize payment of the Grant after all inspections have been completed and a Certificate of Completion has been authorized, if applicable.
2018-2019 Business Enhancement Grant Program Summary
2018-2019 Business Enhancement Grant Program Application
View the city's demographic information.