Parking it . . . Free!
Have you heard the news? In an effort to support the businesses located along Wilton Drive during the current construction projects, the City Commission has approved limited free daytime parking along Wilton Drive.
Free parking will be in effect from April 1, 2019 through September 30, 2019. Construction is scheduled to be completed by the end of August 2019.
Follow these simple guidelines and start enjoying the limited free daytime parking along the Drive:
- Free parking is available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. only
- There is a four-hour maximum for free parking.
- Parking fees kick in from 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. daily, so be sure to pay for parking using the ParkMobile app or feed the meter. Some meters have been removed for construction, so paying for parking at spaces without meters is via ParkMobile only - Use ParkMobile Zone 8021.
- Be considerate of others - please don't monopolize parking spaces for longer than necessary. When you've completed your business, please move on to free up the parking space for other shoppers.
Contact the City's Parking Office for more information about parking in Wilton Manors:
The City has five parking lots around the central downtown area, as well as metered spaces on and around Wilton Drive.
- We use the Parkmobile App for online parking payments. You may download the free ParkMobile application for your smartphone here.
- Parking is free at all City lots every day until 6:00 p.m. Paid parking at the rate of $1.50 per hour (or $10.00 nightly) is in effect from 6:00 p.m. until 3:00 a.m., seven days a week.
- From April 1, 2019 through September 30, 2019, parking will be free at on-street parking meters from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. daily. Normally, on-street parking meters must be paid from 9 a.m. until 3 a.m. every day. Parking is $1.50 per hour. Between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. there is a maximum parking limit of 4 hours.
New Parking Lots
Sushi Rock, 2199 Wilton Drive -Our newest City parking lot is now open! At the former Sushi Rock, 2199 Wilton Drive, the lot has nine regular parking spots and one handicap spot. Parking payment is through the Parkmoblie app only, so be sure to download the app!
23 @ 23" - The City's newest parking lot adds 23 new spaces at the corner of NE 11th Avenue and 23rd Drive, one block east of Wilton Drive. This site had been an abandoned vacant lot for over ten years - since the buildings previously located there were severely damaged by Hurricane Wilma and then demolished. The City purchased the land and contracted with Sun-Up Enterprises to construct the parking lot. The design and engineering of the lot was done by City-contracted engineering firm, Chen Moore & Associates. The landscaping and “look” of the lot is very similar to the City parking lot at the corner of NE 8th Terrace and 26th Street.
This new parking lot, serving the north end of Wilton Drive, was the City’s first “pay-by-app” lot. More and more of the City’s parking customers have chosen to pay for their parking using the convenient Parkmobile smartphone app. Acceptance of this method of payment has been so widespread that the new lot will not have meters or a parking paystation; payment for parking will be accepted by app or by phone through Parkmobile only. One of the reasons for the wide acceptance of this payment method is the app’s feature that sends the user a text message warning that the parking session is about to expire. This helps users avoid getting parking citations for expired meters.
Just like at other City parking lots, parking is free at the new lot every day until 6:00 p.m. Paid parking at the rate of $1.50 per hour (or $10.00 nightly) is in effect from 6:00 p.m. until 3:00 a.m., seven days a week.
Public Parking in Wilton Manors
Download the parking map
In the Parking Map, solid green rectangles are City Parking Lots and dotted black lines indicate on-street parking meters. Parking is free in the lots every day until 6 p.m. From 6 p.m. until 3 a.m. parking is $1.50 per hour or $10.00 for the entire night. On-street parking meters must be paid from 9 a.m. until 3 a.m. every day. Parking at meters is $1.50 per hour. Between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. there is a maximum parking limit of 4 hours.
- Richardson Park Parking Lot
- City Hall / Hagen Park Parking Lot
- Sushi Rock, 2199 Wilton Drive
- NE 8th Terrace Parking Lot at NE 26th Street
- 23 @ 23 - NE 11th Avenue at NE 23rd Drive
CLICK HERE to view the parking lots on Google Maps.
Parking in the City of Wilton Manors
- Pay Parking Citations
- Citation Appeals Information
- Appeal Hearing Request Form
- General Information
- Background of the Parking Program
- Contact Information:
- Park Wilton Manors
517 NE 21st Court
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
Phone: (954) 566-3704
- Park Wilton Manors
- Parking meters are located along Wilton Drive and adjacent side streets.
- See above for more information about limited daytime free parking - Parking at single-space meters will be free from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m from April 1, 2019 through September 30, 2019. Meters must be paid between 6:00 pm and 3:00 am any day of the week. The fee is $1.50 per hour; 4 hours maximum.
- During Wilton Drive construction, many parking meters have been removed. Pay to park from 6:00 pm to 3:00 am using the ParkMobile app at these spaces - use ParkMobile Zone 8021. If there is a meter present at the parking space, the meter may be used for payment.
- Parking lots - There is free parking every day until 6:00 pm in City parking lots.
- Paystations at parking lots must be paid between 6:00 pm and 3:00 am every day of the week. The fee is $1.50 per hour or $10.00 for all night parking.
- City Parking Lot locations are:
- Richardson Park, 1937 Wilton Drive.
- City Hall/Hagen Park, 2020 Wilton Drive.
- NE 8th Terrace, Corner of NE 26th Street and NE 8th Terrace.
- Sushi Rock, 2199 Wilton Drive - Pay by ParkMobile only.
- 23@23, NE 11th Avenue at NE 23rd Drive - Pay by ParkMobile only.
- Free parking for City meetings in the City Hall/HagenPark Parking Lot from one-half (1/2) hour before to one-half (1/2) hour after all publicly-noticed meetings held in City Hall or Hagen Park.
- Publicly-noticed meetings include - City Commission, Planning and Zoning Board, other City advisory boards, and all other publicly-noticed meetings. Check the calendar at www.wiltonmanors.com for meeting dates and times.
- Pay by phone - you can pay by cell phone with a credit card through the ParkMobile service. Call 1-877-727-5714 and follow the prompts. You may also download a free ParkMobile app for your smartphone.
- Parks & Recreation (Leisure Services) user parking permits are available at Hagen Park for an annual fee of $20.00 for Wilton Manors residents and $30.00 for non-residents.
- These permits are only available for registered users of the parks and recreation facilities, and are good only during the hours the parks are open (8:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m Monday through Friday, and 8:00 a.m. untll 8:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday)
- Permits are valid in the City Hall/Hagen Park and Richardson Park parking lots only. Permits are not valid at any parking meter.
- Parking permits are not valid during special events.
- The Parking Office is located at 517 Northeast 21st Court in the Gables Wilton Park building. Look for the storefront with the PARK WILTON MANORS sign.
- Office Hours are Monday through Friday from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- Phone number to call for information, meter malfunctions, questions, and all other parking issues is (954) 566-3704.
- Email the parking office at: email@example.com
- Regulation - Most of the City's parking regulations are in Chapter 19 of the City Code.
- Enforcement - strict enforcement of paid parking is in effect seven days per week.
- Citation payments are due within ten (10) business days.
- Expired meter violations are $25.00 payable within ten (10) business days. Business days are Monday through Friday.
- A $10 late charge is imposed after ten (10) business days and an additional $20 is imposed after fifteen (15) business days
- Citation appeals must be made within 10 business days from the time of citation
- Citation payments can be made in person at the office, by phone at (954) 566-3704, online, or by mail within the allotted time frame. There is a $3.00 convenience fee added to online payments.
- Citation appeal forms are available online.
- You may appeal in person at the Park Wilton Manors Office
- You may also request appeals forms by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
City to Establish a Long-Term Parking Plan
The City is in the process of developing a long-term parking plan to determine how best to provide additional parking for the Arts & Entertainment District along Wilton Drive.
Parking Study - As a part of that process a parking study was completed by Lanier Parking Solutions. The study was presented to the City Commission at its February 14, 2017 meeting.
The parking study was preceded by a Town Hall meeting that was held on Thursday, March 24, 2016 for the purpose of describing the methodology of the parking study and for gathering public input to be used both by Lanier as they complete their study and by City staff and officials as they move through the process to finalize and implement the long-term plan. Between 50-60 members of the public attended this meeting and many shared their ideas for improving parking.
Introduction to the meeting
Lanier Parking's meeting presentation
Video of the March 24 town hall meeting
The March 24 town hall meeting was preceded by a public meeting and City Commission workshop that was held on November 17, 2015 as the kickoff for this process. The presentation and backup materials from this public meeting includes some interesting information about the City's Parking program. These materials are available by clicking here.
Receive and evaluate the parking study from Lanier.
Coordinate efforts with the City's Economic Development Plan which is currently in development.
Develop and implement the long-term parking plan
Public Input: The City is committed to getting input from the public in every phase of the development and implementation of the long-term parking plan. As described above, two public meetings have already been held, and additional public meetings will be scheduled in the future as the plan progresses. In addition, City staff welcomes your direct input. Feel free to share your ideas by emailing them to the City's parking contract administrator: EMAIL.
Parking fees are $1.50 per hour at all parking meters and City-operated parking lots. Where does the parking money go? The City's goal is to add additional parking spaces in the Arts & Entertainment District bordering Wilton Drive. To do that requires money to buy land and to construct surface lots or parking structures. Parking fees help to build up the funds needed for these future projects. Every quarter and every dollar paid into the parking meters is an investment in future parking improvements for Wilton Manors.
Funds generated by the parking program stay exclusively in the City's Parking Enterprise Fund to pay for current operations and future expansion. The parking funds are not used by the City for any other purpose.
Section 19.55.1(g) of the City's Code of Ordinances allows parking fees to be amended by Resolution of the City Commission. Resolution No. 2015-0100 officially authorized the increase from $1.00 per hour to $1.50 per hour.